Admin > Section Editors > Field Editor > Separator
- Field Label
- This is the text displayed beside the field in the CMS Section Editor.
- Field Name
- This is the name the database and program use to refer to the field.
In your content viewers, you will use some simple code like this
<?php echo $record['fieldname']?>
to display the field data. If you change an existing fieldname, don't forget to update
the name in your viewers and Section Editor details as well.
Tip: There are some "special" fieldnames that provide additional functionality.
(See Special Fieldnames
- Field Type
- These are the different types of fields you can add to your menu. Some fields have
different options than others. Note that the separator field type doesn't require a field label or field name to be entered.
- Field Options
Options specific to the Field Type appear in this box. For most
fields, the defaults will be sufficient, but for "list" fields you will
need to set the values for your list options.
- Separator Type
- The type of separator to display. Either a "Blank Link", "Header Bar" with the specified text, or
- Advanced Options
- System Field
- System fields cannot be edited and have no modify or erase link unless "System Field Editing" is enabled (under Advanced Commands on the field list page).
The purpose of this setting is to make it harded to accidentally or unknowingly change a program field that might otherwise break things.
- Admin Only
- Fields with this option set will only be visible and can only be modified by Admin users in the Section Editor.