CMSB keeps looping back to login page

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 29, 2023   (RSS)

By CommonSenseDesign - December 19, 2022

Hi, all. After my client has logged in to CMSB and chosen the section that they want to update, they get redirected to the login page again. They're stuck in a login loop that they can't get out of! Any idea what might be causing this, please? I can't replicate their problem, as I'm able to login and create or edit pages without any issues.

They're running v3.54 of CMSB.

It looks as if their server could use a PHP upgrade anyway, but that doesn't explain why CMSB works for me, but not them.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Untitled-1.jpg 75K

By gkornbluth - December 19, 2022

Hi,

Probably too simple to be the case, but clearing their cache sometimes does wonders in solving issues.

Give it a try,

There's also a recipe in my CMSB Cookbook that helped with a login loop using the Website Membership plugin

htttp://thecmsbcookbook.com/recipedetail.php?592

Good luck

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By CommonSenseDesign - December 20, 2022

Thanks for this suggestion, Jerry. Sadly, this didn't work for us :-(

By Dave - December 22, 2022

Hi CommonSenseDesign, 

This can happen when something is preventing a cookie from being saved or updated.  

It can be tricky to diagnose when you can't replicate the issue yourself.  Here are some things to try (in no particular order): 

• Have them try a different browser on the same machine
  • Have them try clearing their cookies (for the site) in the problem browser
  • Ask them to check for (and disable) any security browser plugins or software that might be interfering
  • Have them try to login from their phone
  • If they have another computer at the same location try that one

We want to try to isolate if the problem is due to a specific browser, a specific computer, or all the computers behind a specific internet connection.

Hope that helps, let me know what they discover.  Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By CommonSenseDesign - December 23, 2022

Thanks, Dave. I'll forward these suggestions to my client.

By Codee - April 27, 2023

Hi CommonSenseDesign,

Just wondering as some of a client's clients were running in to this. We were banging our heads when I realized I had upgraded CMSB and plugins to a newer version and so the slight customization to the landing page after login (website membership plugin) was reset to CMSB's default ("/") instead of to ("client_welcome.php").  Took hours and stress to figure out and about 2 seconds to correct. ;-)