CMSB keeps looping back to login page

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 29, 2023   (RSS)

By gkornbluth - December 19, 2022

Hi,

Probably too simple to be the case, but clearing their cache sometimes does wonders in solving issues.

Give it a try,

There's also a recipe in my CMSB Cookbook that helped with a login loop using the Website Membership plugin

htttp://thecmsbcookbook.com/recipedetail.php?592

Good luck

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By CommonSenseDesign - December 20, 2022

Thanks for this suggestion, Jerry. Sadly, this didn't work for us :-(

By Dave - December 22, 2022

Hi CommonSenseDesign, 

This can happen when something is preventing a cookie from being saved or updated.  

It can be tricky to diagnose when you can't replicate the issue yourself.  Here are some things to try (in no particular order): 

• Have them try a different browser on the same machine
  • Have them try clearing their cookies (for the site) in the problem browser
  • Ask them to check for (and disable) any security browser plugins or software that might be interfering
  • Have them try to login from their phone
  • If they have another computer at the same location try that one

We want to try to isolate if the problem is due to a specific browser, a specific computer, or all the computers behind a specific internet connection.

Hope that helps, let me know what they discover.  Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By CommonSenseDesign - December 23, 2022

Thanks, Dave. I'll forward these suggestions to my client.

By Codee - April 27, 2023

Hi CommonSenseDesign,

Just wondering as some of a client's clients were running in to this. We were banging our heads when I realized I had upgraded CMSB and plugins to a newer version and so the slight customization to the landing page after login (website membership plugin) was reset to CMSB's default ("/") instead of to ("client_welcome.php").  Took hours and stress to figure out and about 2 seconds to correct. ;-)

By CommonSenseDesign - April 29, 2023

Thanks so much for this tip! I'll give it a go to see if it fixes the problem on my own site!