CMSB keeps looping back to login page
Probably too simple to be the case, but clearing their cache sometimes does wonders in solving issues.
Give it a try,
There's also a recipe in my CMSB Cookbook that helped with a login loop using the Website Membership plugin
Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
This can happen when something is preventing a cookie from being saved or updated.
It can be tricky to diagnose when you can't replicate the issue yourself. Here are some things to try (in no particular order):
- Have them try a different browser on the same machine
- Have them try clearing their cookies (for the site) in the problem browser
- Ask them to check for (and disable) any security browser plugins or software that might be interfering
- Have them try to login from their phone
- If they have another computer at the same location try that one
We want to try to isolate if the problem is due to a specific browser, a specific computer, or all the computers behind a specific internet connection.
Hope that helps, let me know what they discover. Thanks!
Just wondering as some of a client's clients were running in to this. We were banging our heads when I realized I had upgraded CMSB and plugins to a newer version and so the slight customization to the landing page after login (website membership plugin) was reset to CMSB's default ("/") instead of to ("client_welcome.php"). Took hours and stress to figure out and about 2 seconds to correct. ;-)