CMSB keeps looping back to login page
Hi, all. After my client has logged in to CMSB and chosen the section that they want to update, they get redirected to the login page again. They're stuck in a login loop that they can't get out of! Any idea what might be causing this, please? I can't replicate their problem, as I'm able to login and create or edit pages without any issues.
They're running v3.54 of CMSB.
It looks as if their server could use a PHP upgrade anyway, but that doesn't explain why CMSB works for me, but not them.
This can happen when something is preventing a cookie from being saved or updated.
It can be tricky to diagnose when you can't replicate the issue yourself. Here are some things to try (in no particular order):
- Have them try a different browser on the same machine
- Have them try clearing their cookies (for the site) in the problem browser
- Ask them to check for (and disable) any security browser plugins or software that might be interfering
- Have them try to login from their phone
- If they have another computer at the same location try that one
We want to try to isolate if the problem is due to a specific browser, a specific computer, or all the computers behind a specific internet connection.
Hope that helps, let me know what they discover. Thanks!
Just wondering as some of a client's clients were running in to this. We were banging our heads when I realized I had upgraded CMSB and plugins to a newer version and so the slight customization to the landing page after login (website membership plugin) was reset to CMSB's default ("/") instead of to ("client_welcome.php"). Took hours and stress to figure out and about 2 seconds to correct. ;-)