1. Black Friday Sale: CMS Builder on sale for $99
2. CMS Builder 3.11 released
3. Updated Add Ons now compatible with PHP 7
4. News from the Forum
5. Developer Resources & Useful Links
| 1. Back Friday Sale: CMS Builder for $99
Black Friday sale starts Nov. 24th. CMS Builder is on sale for 50% off. Regular price of $199.97 per license is reduced to $99. Take advantage of a total savings of more than $100 off the regular CMS Builder price. Place an order or if you have any questions, give us a call (toll free 1-800-752-0455), send us an email, or post in the forum. We're always here to help you out!
| 2. CMS Builder 3.11 released
CMS Builder 3.11 has just been released. Here are some of the new features in CMS Builder 3.11:
- Unsaved changes warning: when you navigate away from a add/edit form after making changes it warns you
- Developer Email: we've added a field for this so error reports can go to a separate email and not the default site email
- Emoji Support: We've switched 4-byte UTF8 (utf8mb4) to support storing of extended charset languages and emojis in database
- Lastpass Usability: Added workaround for issue where LastPass would automatically fill out username and password fields when modifying accounts
- Image Uploads: CMYK "print" images are now automatically converted to browser-safe RGB images on upload (instead of just showing an error)
- Email Delivery: Added tips on the bottom of the Email Settings menu on what to do when emails aren't getting delivered
- Offline Mode: Switched to storing and caching resources locally to speed up access for offline and limited internet access installations
To see the full list of changes, please visit the CMS Builder changelog:
CMS Builder users can upgrade by donation at this page:
Need a new CMS Builder license? Order a new CMS Builder license here.
Need help upgrading?
We can complete and upgrade for you. Send us an email and we can discuss what is needed: firstname.lastname@example.org
| 3. Updated Add Ons now compatible with PHP 7
Since the last newsletter, here are the add ons that have been updated to work with PHP.
Convert to Text
Website Saved Searches
Save & Copy Button
Create Record Here
Log into your account and download the latest version of any Add On you have previously purchased. Or purchase another add on to add it to your account.
| 4. News from the Forum
Dave provides where statement examples for matching a value in either a single field or a multi-value field (tab separated).
Sorting records by createdBy field
Dave shares plugin in developement that could be setup to set the value of a second field, eg: lastname and then sort on that
Adding Days to Dates
Code example adding days to a date before displaying it.
| 5. Developers Resources & Useful Links
Private, Encrypted File Sharing
Send files through a safe, private, and encrypted link that automatically expires to ensure your stuff does not remain online forever.
I decided to try the free letsEncrypt.com service and it worked great. Here's some info:
Google Cloud Vision API
Google Cloud Vision API enables developers to understand the content of an image by encapsulating powerful machine learning models in an easy to use REST API.