Simple Forum: Reply and Profile

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 29, 2022   (RSS)

By andreasml - June 24, 2022

Hi

I notice that some posts do not have the Reply.option. Is it something that is done automatically after some time or it can be changed by the administrator / user?

Also, in my Forum, clicking the Profile option leads to a 404 page. Is it something I should do?

Regards, 

Andreas

By daniel - June 27, 2022

Hi Andreas,

I notice that some posts do not have the Reply.option. Is it something that is done automatically after some time or it can be changed by the administrator / user?

In the site's Forum Settings section (/cmsb/admin.php?menu=_frm_settings), there is an option called "Auto-archive topics after" which controls this behaviour and can be disabled.

Also, in my Forum, clicking theProfileoption leads to a 404 page. Is it something I should do?

SimpleForum relies on the Website Membership plugin for its profile - you may need to generate the Profile page code using the Code Generator, or if you've already done that, make sure the "WEBSITE_LOGIN_PROFILE_URL" setting in websiteMembership.php is pointing to the correct place.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Daniel

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - June 28, 2022

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for the assistance. It does work. As it regards the profile page, I thought that I could use the "My Account" page of the CMSB (/admin.php?menu=_myaccount) which is alright to me but I would prefer it without the menu on the left. Is it possible?

Kind regards

Andreas