Simple Forum: Reply and Profile

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 29, 2022   (RSS)

By andreasml - June 24, 2022

Hi

I notice that some posts do not have the Reply.option. Is it something that is done automatically after some time or it can be changed by the administrator / user?

Also, in my Forum, clicking the Profile option leads to a 404 page. Is it something I should do?

Regards, 

Andreas

By daniel - June 27, 2022

Hi Andreas,

I notice that some posts do not have the Reply.option. Is it something that is done automatically after some time or it can be changed by the administrator / user?

In the site's Forum Settings section (/cmsb/admin.php?menu=_frm_settings), there is an option called "Auto-archive topics after" which controls this behaviour and can be disabled.

Also, in my Forum, clicking theProfileoption leads to a 404 page. Is it something I should do?

SimpleForum relies on the Website Membership plugin for its profile - you may need to generate the Profile page code using the Code Generator, or if you've already done that, make sure the "WEBSITE_LOGIN_PROFILE_URL" setting in websiteMembership.php is pointing to the correct place.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Daniel

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By daniel - June 29, 2022

Hi Andreas,

Yes, you can use the "My Account" page for managing user profiles, but only if your Website Membership plugin is set to use the "accounts" table. If your front-end logins use a custom user table (WSM_ACCOUNTS_TABLE setting in websiteMembership.php), then you'll need to also use the front-end profile page.

I don't believe there's a built-in way for hiding the CMSB menu, but it would be relatively simple to use the admin_head action in a plugin to output some CSS or JS to hide it under certain conditions, e.g. for non-admin users, or when "?menu=_myaccount". 

To hide the entire left navigation, you could add something like this:

<style>
    .navbar-content {
      display: none;
    }
    .main-content {
      margin-left: 0;
    }
  </style>

Or to just hide the CMS menu, something like this:

<style>
    .main-navigation-menu {
      display: none;
    }
  </style>

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com