Listing ALL records after search

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 27, 2011   (RSS)

By keith_s - December 27, 2011

I am trying to create a page that has a search form on it to search records (listings) on a CMS Builder powered realty website. Everything works great except for one thing. My dropdowns are auto-populated from fields in the "listings" DB table. The problem is that after a search, the page (which still has a search form on the left side of the page) now only shows the drop down values that pertain to the result returned from the previous search.

I want ALL applicable field records to be shown in the search form drop down menus ALWAYS, regardless of a previous search. For example, there is a "county" dropdown field that should always show all unique counties from that exist in the current listings. As I said, it works great until you perform the first search, then the dropdowns narrow themselves so that they are pulled from the set of the returned results.

How do I force what I am wanting without messing up the returned results that should be shown to the viewer normally?

Thanks,
Keith D Sellars
WebGraffix Media Solutions, LLC
http://www.webgraffix.com

Re: [webgfx] Listing ALL records after search

By (Deleted User) - December 27, 2011

Hello Keith,

One solution would be to copy the 'list' call (that is currently being used to run the page), rename the variables that it uses and add 'allowSearch'=>false to the array of options (see below for an example).

Once you've done that, use the data from this new set of variables to drive your drop down menu.

Current getRecords call (example):
list($records, $recordsMetaData) => getRecords(array(
'tableName' => table,
'perPage' => 10,
));

Copied and updated to:

list($recordsTwo, $recordsTwoMetaData) => getRecords(array(
'tableName' => table,
'allowSearch' => false,
'loadCreatedBy' => false,
'loadUploads' => false,
));

Since the new 'list' call is being used to generate a menu, you don't need to include the createdBy information or any uploads for those records (unless you have photos or documents that you want to be able to access). Setting allowSearch to false means the search variables passed in the url won't affect the retrieval of the records (ie ALL records will be loaded).

Hope this helps,

Tom

Re: [webgfx] Listing ALL records after search

By (Deleted User) - December 27, 2011

Hi Keith,

Glad it worked for you!

For a full list of options for viewers, check out http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/viewer_options.html.

Good luck with the launch,

Tom