Listing ALL records after search

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 27, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [webgfx] Listing ALL records after search

By (Deleted User) - December 27, 2011

Hello Keith,

One solution would be to copy the 'list' call (that is currently being used to run the page), rename the variables that it uses and add 'allowSearch'=>false to the array of options (see below for an example).

Once you've done that, use the data from this new set of variables to drive your drop down menu.

Current getRecords call (example):
list($records, $recordsMetaData) => getRecords(array(
'tableName' => table,
'perPage' => 10,
));

Copied and updated to:

list($recordsTwo, $recordsTwoMetaData) => getRecords(array(
'tableName' => table,
'allowSearch' => false,
'loadCreatedBy' => false,
'loadUploads' => false,
));

Since the new 'list' call is being used to generate a menu, you don't need to include the createdBy information or any uploads for those records (unless you have photos or documents that you want to be able to access). Setting allowSearch to false means the search variables passed in the url won't affect the retrieval of the records (ie ALL records will be loaded).

Hope this helps,

Tom

Re: [Tom P] Listing ALL records after search

By keith_s - December 27, 2011

Thanks, Tom. Works Great!

I actually had done exactly what you suggested earlier except that I had not added the allowSearch parameter and set it to "false". That was all that I was missing.

Here is what I wound up adding:

list($listingDDRecords, $listingDDDetails) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'listings',
'allowSearch' => false,
'loadCreatedBy' => false,
'loadUploads' => false,
));

The critical part is the allowSearch parameter! Thanks for replying to my post so quickly. I should be launching their site very soon. It's really coming together nicely.

Re: [webgfx] Listing ALL records after search

By (Deleted User) - December 27, 2011

Hi Keith,

Glad it worked for you!

For a full list of options for viewers, check out http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/viewer_options.html.

Good luck with the launch,

Tom