Listing ALL records after search

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 27, 2011   (RSS)

I am trying to create a page that has a search form on it to search records (listings) on a CMS Builder powered realty website. Everything works great except for one thing. My dropdowns are auto-populated from fields in the "listings" DB table. The problem is that after a search, the page (which still has a search form on the left side of the page) now only shows the drop down values that pertain to the result returned from the previous search.

I want ALL applicable field records to be shown in the search form drop down menus ALWAYS, regardless of a previous search. For example, there is a "county" dropdown field that should always show all unique counties from that exist in the current listings. As I said, it works great until you perform the first search, then the dropdowns narrow themselves so that they are pulled from the set of the returned results.

How do I force what I am wanting without messing up the returned results that should be shown to the viewer normally?

Thanks,
Keith D Sellars
WebGraffix Media Solutions, LLC
http://www.webgraffix.com

Re: [Tom P] Listing ALL records after search

Thanks, Tom. Works Great!

I actually had done exactly what you suggested earlier except that I had not added the allowSearch parameter and set it to "false". That was all that I was missing.

Here is what I wound up adding:

list($listingDDRecords, $listingDDDetails) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'listings',
'allowSearch' => false,
'loadCreatedBy' => false,
'loadUploads' => false,
));

The critical part is the allowSearch parameter! Thanks for replying to my post so quickly. I should be launching their site very soon. It's really coming together nicely.

Re: [webgfx] Listing ALL records after search

By (Deleted User) - December 27, 2011

Hi Keith,

Glad it worked for you!

For a full list of options for viewers, check out http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/viewer_options.html.

Good luck with the launch,

Tom