Test Script

By Toledoh - July 29, 2010

Hi Guys.

I keep moving forward with various things only to find that some components for plugins aren't available with my host.

You've supplied to me in the past a "test.php" that runs a short script that tests for settings... this specifically was for the download email plugin.

I was wondering if it would be worth having that kind of resource for each plug in, or even CMSB as a whole? I normally ask the host "do you support x, y & z" and they say "sure!", and it's only after installing and playing around that I find there's a problem.

I'm now searching for an Australian based host that supports everything, from the PDF requirements to the email requirements, and it would be great to be able to upload a file and be assured that it does REALLY support all the functions.

What do you think?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Test Script

By Dave - August 4, 2010

Hi Tim,

We usually try to strike a mix of showing errors on hosts that don't support required features and trying to work around the hosts limitations.

The thing with PHP is hosts can arbitrarily disable _any_ feature or part of it. You can check for this by search for 'disable_functions' in phpinfo <?php phpinfo() ?> or in in cmsb it's: admin.php?menu=admin&action=phpinfo

Anyways, we'd have to figure out exactly what to test for. But I think it's a good idea.

In the meantime, let me know if you need help testing anything on any of the hosts you are trying out.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com