removeDate Display in Editor List Page

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 3, 2008   (RSS)

By studio-a - November 30, 2008

Hello,

I have been working with the removeDate within the Admin section. It’s working fine and I added the fieldname to the List Page Fields. When reviewing the Editor List Page the date is displayed YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

I realize this will require changing the php within the admin files, but I like to change to display to MM-DD-YY only. Most records will expire less than six months and changing the display will work better and save room within the Editor List Page. Can you help?

I also wanted to say, I have been reading a great deal through the forum and it has helped a great deal. Thanks for your hard work!

Re: [studio-a] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By Dave - December 1, 2008

Hi studio-a,

Try editing the removeDate field in the field editor (under Admin > Section Editors) and unchecking this value:

Specify Time [_] user specifies time (hour, minutes, and optionally seconds)

Let me know if that does what you need.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By studio-a - December 1, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. By un-checking the selection you mentioned did remove the "time stamp" thanks!

However, is there a way to change the date display from YYYY-MM-DD to MM-DD-YY (see attached screen shot)?

Thanks for your time.
Attachments:

listfield_year_first.gif 25K

Re: [studio-a] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By Dave - December 3, 2008

It's not a supported feature. But if you are comfortable modifying the code you can do it as follows:

- open /cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/list_functions.php
- save a backup copy
- search for "Y-m-d"
- change this to "m-d-y"

For for date formatting options see: http://ca3.php.net/date

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By studio-a - December 3, 2008 - edited: December 3, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help. I did what you recommended and the Editor List View now shows the removeDate as MM-DD-YY. Thanks for the additional resource link too!

As a Request Feature: Once the record has expired could the date changed to the word EXPIRED to be listed within the Editor List view? Maybe take it one step further and be able to search for this one word (EXPIRED) within the Editor List view. Might be a simple yet helpful feature.

Thanks for your hard work!