removeDate Display in Editor List Page

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 3, 2008   (RSS)

By studio-a - November 30, 2008

Hello,

I have been working with the removeDate within the Admin section. It’s working fine and I added the fieldname to the List Page Fields. When reviewing the Editor List Page the date is displayed YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

I realize this will require changing the php within the admin files, but I like to change to display to MM-DD-YY only. Most records will expire less than six months and changing the display will work better and save room within the Editor List Page. Can you help?

I also wanted to say, I have been reading a great deal through the forum and it has helped a great deal. Thanks for your hard work!

Re: [studio-a] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By Dave - December 1, 2008

Hi studio-a,

Try editing the removeDate field in the field editor (under Admin > Section Editors) and unchecking this value:

Specify Time [_] user specifies time (hour, minutes, and optionally seconds)

Let me know if that does what you need.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By studio-a - December 1, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. By un-checking the selection you mentioned did remove the "time stamp" thanks!

However, is there a way to change the date display from YYYY-MM-DD to MM-DD-YY (see attached screen shot)?

Thanks for your time.
Attachments:

listfield_year_first.gif 25K

Re: [studio-a] removeDate Display in Editor List Page

By Dave - December 3, 2008

It's not a supported feature. But if you are comfortable modifying the code you can do it as follows:

- open /cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/list_functions.php
- save a backup copy
- search for "Y-m-d"
- change this to "m-d-y"

For for date formatting options see: http://ca3.php.net/date

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com