New Website Design

6 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 11   (RSS)

By Lucia - May 16 - edited: May 16

Hi everyone,

As you may be able to tell, we've just made live a new, more modern design for our website. Let us know what you think! We'd love to know if there's anything you love, hate, or if you find anything that's broken.

Thanks!

Lucia
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

Hi Lucia

The website looks great.

I've found an error. The link to download the latest version comes up with an error: Error(3): Download filepath doesn't exist!

The error is on this page: https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! I've fixed the link.

Lucia
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By kitsguru - May 18 - edited: May 18

The contrast is insufficient, and my old eyes have trouble reading it. This makes it very hard for me to use the site. Please fix all accessibility issues. Accessibility issues have a negative impact on SEO and UX.

If you use Axe dev tools to test for accessibility, the forum reply page I get:

Automatic Issues 108

Best Practice 40

Critical   22
Serious    46
Moderate    2
Minor      38

WCAG 2.1 AA

i.e.

Element has an insufficient colour contrast of 4.34 (foreground colour: #64748b, background colour: #f1f5f9, font size: 13.5pt (18px), font-weight: normal). Expected contrast ratio of 4.5:1

The code modal window is totally unusable for me.

Jeff Shields

I mostly like the update. The look and feel is a tad more elegant with the soft corners and a softening of the contrast. However, as Jeff pointed out, the contrast needs to come up a couple of ticks to be a bit more readable.  I get the "why" as it also makes the headings and display areas easier to read and focus on those; but the execution just needs an adjustment. The look is more pleasing but keeping the function.  Thank you.