CMSB v3.69 Beta (Website Backup)

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 29   (RSS)

By Deborah - April 26

Hi, Chris.

The Website Backup worked perfectly - no errors or server timeouts. It's a useful tool and I like being able to add an identifier to the file name.

I also tried a backup after temporarily uninstalling the "php82-php-zip" extension. I saw the expected alert, "The PHP ZipArchive library is not available on this server..." letting me know the backup did not process.

One small idea... I chose a larger site to back up for my test, and noticed the backup was taking some time, so I went on to work in other tabs. Glancing now and then at the Backup & Restore, the only indicator that the backup was still in process was my browser tab loading icon. If there were an on-page "success" alert, I could know at-a-glance when the backup is ready for download.

Thanks for this new feature!
~ Deborah

By Dave - April 29

Hi Deborah, 

Thanks for the feedback, that's a great suggestion.

For the next release the "Create Backup" button will show "Loading..." and become grayed out on click.  Once the backup is complete a notification will appear at the top of the screen "Created website backup file ... ".

We should have that out shortly.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - April 29

Hi All, 

For everyone following this thread, we've released the official version with a few more fixes here: 
https://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?CMSB-v3.69-Released-Apr-29---Website-Code-Backups-82798

Thanks for your support!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com