How to remove the customer feedback side bar

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 5   (RSS)

By Robarbh - March 30

Hello,

I want to remove the side bar that says customer feed back

my client had me remove the testimonials tab and delete the testimonials from customers

Thanks

Robert Hedrick

By Dave - March 30

Hi Robert, 

See if you editor has a feature to "Find in Files" and then search for some text such as "Customer Feedback" across all the files in the website.  

Once you find the files with the text in it you can edit them or comment it out.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - April 3

Hi Robert, 

Yea, you'll want to either comment out or remove that code that is causing the error.  It sounds like the testimonials database or record got removed but you've still got some code referencing it in public_html/includes/reference.php on line 9.

interactivetools.com

By Robarbh - April 4

Dave,

customer feed back shows up in referance.php and testimonial_inc.php

could I just delete both of the pphp files

Thanks

Robert

Robert Hedrick

By Dave - April 4

Hi Robert, 

You'd have to experiment, but I'd always suggest making a backup or renaming the files first.  

One trick I'll often do when I'm not sure is rename a file and add a prefix, e.g. reference.php becomes _DELETE_IN_MAY_reference.php and set that to a date a month or more out.  Then if when I look at the site later there was no problems I know I can safely delete that file.

interactivetools.com

By Robarbh - April 5

Dave,

Thank You

I was able to find the referance in index.php and delete the includes-referenace

Robert

Robert Hedrick