After CMS and PHP upgrades error in saving a record - _request_sanitize

11 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 14   (RSS)

By weblm - March 7

We just upgraded to the latest CMS Builder and PHP 8.3.  

We can edit and save basic fields - but on a more complex listing with many fields, we are getting the following error when trying to save:

#32538 - _request_sanitize(): Argument #1 ($input) must be of type array|string|null, float given, called in /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php on line 993
/home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php on line 993
https://www.user---site--.com/cmsAdmin/admin.php

The raw log:

Array
(
    [logType] => exception
    [errno] => TypeError
    [errstr] => _request_sanitize(): Argument #1 ($input) must be of type array|string|null, float given, called in /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php on line 993
    [errfile] => /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php
    [errline] => 1004
    [exceptionCode] => 0
    [exceptionClass] => TypeError
    [exceptionTrace] => 
#0 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php(993): _request_sanitize(34.289655)
#1 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/Fields/BaseField.php(74): request('latitude')
#2 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php(495): Itools\CMSB\Fields\BaseField->getRequestValue(false)
#3 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/save.php(15): _getRecordValuesFromFormInput()
#4 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/actionHandler.php(68): include('/home2/user...')
#5 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/admin.php(59): require_once('/home2/user...')
#6 {main}
    [prevExceptionTrace] => 

[externalFilePath] => /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php
    [externalLineNum] => 993
)

Any ideas that I can look at?

Thank you!

LM

By weblm - March 7

I went to update the Geocoder plugin to the latest version.  In doing that and uploading the new version, I didn't enter my Google Maps API.

When I have an empty value in the Google maps API here:

$GLOBALS['GEOCODER_GOOGLE_API_KEY']         = '';

I can save the record.

Obviously, we use this field to automatically add the lat/long of a property.

Once I add my API key, that's when I start getting that error.

LM

By weblm - March 7

It is something in my Google Maps API key.  It's the weirdest thing - if I add a character or remove a character, CMS Builder works (of course the maps API doesn't).

I don't want to share my API key here so not sure how to test?

LM

By weblm - March 8

Also just want to say that my API key is valid, as I used the built in test.

So something in that function in CMS Builder is not liking the format of my key.

LM

By Dave - March 11

Hi LM, 

Thanks for reporting this.  Can you try this fix, open /lib/common.php and search for "function _request_sanitize".

Replace this

function _request_sanitize(array|string|null $input): array|string|null {

With this (adding "|float")

function _request_sanitize(array|string|float|null $input): array|string|null {

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By weblm - March 12 - edited: March 12

Hi Dave,

When replace that and use our API key, I get this error:

str_contains(): Argument #1 ($haystack) must be of type string, float given

The raw log:

Array
(
    [logType] => exception
    [errno] => TypeError
    [errstr] => str_contains(): Argument #1 ($haystack) must be of type string, float given
    [errfile] => /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php
    [errline] => 1011
    [exceptionCode] => 0
    [exceptionClass] => TypeError
    [exceptionTrace] => 
#0 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php(1011): str_contains(33.9919159, '\x00')
#1 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php(993): _request_sanitize(33.9919159)
#2 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/Fields/BaseField.php(74): request('latitude')
#3 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php(495): Itools\CMSB\Fields\BaseField->getRequestValue(false)
#4 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/save.php(15): _getRecordValuesFromFormInput()
#5 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/actionHandler.php(68): include('/home2/user...')
#6 /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/admin.php(59): require_once('/home2/user...')
#7 {main}
    [prevExceptionTrace] => 

[externalFilePath] => /home2/user/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/common.php
    [externalLineNum] => 1011
)

I can privately send you the API key if you want (if that matters).

There is something about this specific combination of characters.

LM

By Dave - March 12

Hi LM, 

Can you send in a second level support request?  https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

We'll take a look at this ASAP and get you a fix.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By weblm - March 12

Second level support request submitted.

Let me know if that's all you need for now.

LM

By weblm - March 12

Dave,

Couple of notes for your testing:

- The Google Maps API key is saved in the Geolocator.php file as a commented line.

- You can test this functionality using the Property Listings menu item in the CMS.  I would just edit one of the current Property Listings entries and add a "2" onto the end of the name and try to save.  This is where the error occurs with the API key active.

LM