latest cmsb v3.64 continuously log out (from front and back)

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 15   (RSS)

By ht1080z - December 12

I just build a mini web-app using the latest cmsb v3.64 (Build 2461) and website membership v1.14, changed the Security setting > Login Timeouts to 2 hours (or 120 minutes) but the app after almost anything i do front or back end, always log me off very quicky

CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009, MariaDB v10.5.22, PHP v8.1.26

Any suggestion is appreciated,
Karls

By ht1080z - December 12

Hi Dave,

Thank you, I opened a ticket to second level support.

Karls

By Codee - April 12

Hi Karlz,

Did this get fixed/corrected? What was the final analysis? Thank you.

By ht1080z - April 12

Hi,

Yes, it is fixed, after I installed the latest version of cmsb and changed the settings in membnership and cmsb to use separeted tables.

Karls

By Codee - April 12

Thank you for letting us know. Cheers!

By Dave - April 12

If anyone is still having issues with this fill out a support request or send me an email and we'll check it out for you.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By kitsguru - April 15

On a linux server, the /tmp directory is the default location for php sessions. This directory is cleared whenever it hits a threshold or by any number of processes. This means any session variables can be purged at inconvenient times. This is even more annoying on a shared server.

In CMSB prior to 3.67, there is an option in general settings to set a custom tmp directory. HOME directories have there own tmp directories, so setting the cmsb tmp to ~/tmp will mitigate the issue of random logout or missing CSR tokens.

The $HOME/tmp directory Is not purged except on a server restart. Sessions will expire at appropriate times set by the expiry date and are not purged by other processes. You can purge the directory manually or set a cron job to automatically prune this directory if desired.

Jeff Shields