PHP v8

22 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 10, 2021   (RSS)

• Archived  

By mark99 - August 19, 2020

I know it's not released yet (early public testing phase), but given that it's been a year since you released a CMS Builder update I wanted to ask if you will be doing anything in the next release just to prep for PHP 8?

• Archived  

By Damon - August 25, 2020

Hi,
We have a release of CMS Builder that is virtually ready to go and will be released soon. Nothing is in this release planning for PHP 8 but we will be looking at that for following releases.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/
  • Archived  

By mark99 - November 30, 2020

As you probably know, PHP 8.0 was released on 26th November and I think we'll look to adopt that in a few months time (probably spring 2021), assuming CMSB is ready.

• Archived  

By Dave - April 27, 2021

Hi Mark99, 

Following up on this.  PHP 8 is the next planned release after the current beta (just about to be released).  Estimating within a month or less.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By mark99 - April 27, 2021

Thanks Dave.

• Archived  

By mark99 - July 14, 2021

Any update on this?

• Archived  

By mark99 - October 13, 2021

Starting to get a little desperate for a PHP8 compatible CMSB release, it's holding up a lot of projects we had planned. I've tried to run CMSB in PHP8, but it's completely broken, with errors all over the place.

• Archived  

By Dave - October 13, 2021

Hi Mark99, 

I've uploaded our latest beta here (click Download BETA):https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

We're still testing this but if you have any internal dev sites you can try it on I can help you work through any PHP8 or other issues ASAP.  We've address all the PHP8 issues we've identified so far.

Feel free to email me direct at dave@interactivetools.com

Hope that helps!  Thanks.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By mark99 - October 13, 2021

Ah fantastic! I'll download that and set some time aside to begin testing on the existing beta install.