PHP v8

22 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 10, 2021   (RSS)

• Archived  

By mark99 - August 19, 2020

I know it's not released yet (early public testing phase), but given that it's been a year since you released a CMS Builder update I wanted to ask if you will be doing anything in the next release just to prep for PHP 8?

• Archived  

By Damon - August 25, 2020

Hi,
We have a release of CMS Builder that is virtually ready to go and will be released soon. Nothing is in this release planning for PHP 8 but we will be looking at that for following releases.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/
  • Archived  

By mark99 - March 22, 2021

Sorry to pester, even though it has been several months, but is there any rough ETA for when the PHP8 friendly version of CMSB is to be released? We can't test a lot of our systems against it until the framework is updated.

• Archived  

By Dave - April 27, 2021

Hi Mark99, 

Following up on this.  PHP 8 is the next planned release after the current beta (just about to be released).  Estimating within a month or less.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By mark99 - April 27, 2021

Thanks Dave.

• Archived  

By mark99 - July 14, 2021

Any update on this?

• Archived  

By mark99 - October 13, 2021

Starting to get a little desperate for a PHP8 compatible CMSB release, it's holding up a lot of projects we had planned. I've tried to run CMSB in PHP8, but it's completely broken, with errors all over the place.

• Archived  

By Dave - October 13, 2021

Hi Mark99, 

I've uploaded our latest beta here (click Download BETA):https://www.interactivetools.com/download/

We're still testing this but if you have any internal dev sites you can try it on I can help you work through any PHP8 or other issues ASAP.  We've address all the PHP8 issues we've identified so far.

Feel free to email me direct at dave@interactivetools.com

Hope that helps!  Thanks.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By mark99 - October 13, 2021

Ah fantastic! I'll download that and set some time aside to begin testing on the existing beta install.