Can't add new fields to existing sections

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 30, 2021   (RSS)

By wolf66 - March 19, 2021

I can no longer add new fields to existing sections or add new sections or modify any field values, however I can edit existing content. Has anyone had this happen or knows a solution? It was happening with version 3.09 and is still happening after upgrading to 3.54. 

By wolf66 - March 20, 2021

Hi Jerry, 

I have completed a brand new installation of CMSB 3.54 and migrated the database and it's still doing it. I have a lot of CMS B sites and have never had this happen before. I'm thinking it has to be something different in the MySQL database setup. 

By gkornbluth - March 20, 2021

Sorry I couldn't help, but at least rules out some stuff for the next round...

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By admin - March 22, 2021

Hi Wolf66,

Are you getting an error when you go to the section editor page and try to add new fields/content, or is the section editor menu completely missing? If you are getting an error, please could you post it here as it should give me a better idea of what the issue is.

Thanks,

Greg

By wolf66 - March 24, 2021

Hi Greg, 

I'm not getting an error. The buttons simply do nothing. 

By wolf66 - March 28, 2021

Any other pointers you could recommend. We seem to be stuck unable do anything to this database. As I mentioned there is no error. It simply doesn't work. 

By Dave - March 29, 2021

Hi Wolf66, 

That's very unusual.  Some possible things to try:

• Try another browser to ensure the issue isn't client-side.  It could be related to security software, ad-blocking, etc
  • Try another internet connection to ensure it's not related to caching on the client end.  
  • Check the /data/schema/ folder to ensure the schema files are writable.  

If none of that works fill out a second level support request here with clear instructions on how to recreate the issue and we'll take a look.

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By wolf66 - March 30, 2021

I finally tracked this down today to a product I was trialing called 7G Firewall. I've removed it and the issue is fixed. Thanks for the assistance.