Can't add new fields to existing sections

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 30, 2021   (RSS)

By wolf66 - March 19, 2021

I can no longer add new fields to existing sections or add new sections or modify any field values, however I can edit existing content. Has anyone had this happen or knows a solution? It was happening with version 3.09 and is still happening after upgrading to 3.54. 

By gkornbluth - March 19, 2021 - edited: March 19, 2021

Hi Wolf66,

I assume that you've made sure that your PHP and MySQL versions are correct for the new version of CMSB

Many anomalies can be solved by uploading a complete set of new CMS files to your server to overwrite any corrupted files.

*** VERY IMPORTANT*** Begin by making a backup of your complete database and making sure you can identify the data file in your downloaded files because all the date stamps will change when you download them and all will show the download date and not their created date 

*** VERY IMPORTANT*** Then download your entire on-line cmsAdmin folder just in case (don't overwrite any local files just yet).

Now, download a fresh copy of CMS (V3.54) from Interactive Tools, unzip the files, and upload all of the new files to overwrite the existing files on the server. (This won't overwrite your data or uploads)

If you encounter issues upload the backup copy of your settings.dat file to overwrite the one in the /data folder.

See if that helps.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By wolf66 - March 20, 2021

Hi Jerry, 

I have completed a brand new installation of CMSB 3.54 and migrated the database and it's still doing it. I have a lot of CMS B sites and have never had this happen before. I'm thinking it has to be something different in the MySQL database setup. 

By gkornbluth - March 20, 2021

Sorry I couldn't help, but at least rules out some stuff for the next round...

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By wolf66 - March 24, 2021

Hi Greg, 

I'm not getting an error. The buttons simply do nothing. 

By wolf66 - March 28, 2021

Any other pointers you could recommend. We seem to be stuck unable do anything to this database. As I mentioned there is no error. It simply doesn't work. 

By Dave - March 29, 2021

Hi Wolf66, 

That's very unusual.  Some possible things to try:

• Try another browser to ensure the issue isn't client-side.  It could be related to security software, ad-blocking, etc
  • Try another internet connection to ensure it's not related to caching on the client end.  
  • Check the /data/schema/ folder to ensure the schema files are writable.  

If none of that works fill out a second level support request here with clear instructions on how to recreate the issue and we'll take a look.

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By wolf66 - March 30, 2021

I finally tracked this down today to a product I was trialing called 7G Firewall. I've removed it and the issue is fixed. Thanks for the assistance.