can't clear error log

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 30, 2020   (RSS)

By craig_bcd - July 28, 2020

Hi Guys -

I keep getting a 504 timeout when I try and look at the error log so I tried a work around to limit the entries per page to 5 via the url but that did not work.  I looked in the database so see if I could get at the errors that way but there were no database entries for the error log.  seemed a little weird since the count is coming from somewhere.

I also looked at the server info in admin > general settings and it indicates the table prefix is cms_ but when I look at the database it looks like the table prefix is cmsb_ not cms_.

I attached images of all of these things.   This was a cms update from 2.65 to 3.53. I moved the whole thing to a new directory, updated it and pointed the domain to the new version so it could be a side effect of that but the error log seems to grow.  I just can't figure out where the numbers are coming from.  

Any help would be appreciated!



By gregThomas - July 29, 2020

Hey Craig,

A couple of questions to help me diagnose the issue:

  • Are the other sections appearing in the database with the correct prefix? For example, is there a table called cms_accounts or cmsb_accounts?
  • It sounds like the old version of the CMS and upgraded version is on the same server, is that correct?



Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer -

By craig_bcd - July 29, 2020

Hi Greg - 

Thanks - in the database they are all cmsb (see attached).  They were upgraded on the same server - I made a copy of the directory with the website in it and upgraded it so that I could move it to the new version of php and of cmsb.




table-prefix.PNG 97K

By gregThomas - July 30, 2020

Thanks Craig!

I'm basing this on my understanding of your previous posts, so I can't be 100% sure. But, if you're using the same database for the old and new installation, the cmsb_ prefixed tables are likely from the old installation. I can't really make the call if you're safe to delete those tables without investigating myself. 

If you do decide to delete them, you should ensure you make a full backup of the database before making any modifications and perhaps test by deleting a single table first (perhaps the error log) then confirming that change hasn't had any impact on the new installation. Also, I'd recommend confirming that none of your other sites is using this database and they could be the source of the cmsb_ prefixed tables as well.

You should also make sure that all of your front end pages are connected to the new CMS and any pages that perform CRUD functions on records are being made in the new tables. 



Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer -