MySQL Issues while trying to install

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 30, 2018   (RSS)

By shawnpatoka - July 25, 2018

I was building my site on a test server and got CMS Builder to install just fine. However, I just tried to install it on the actual server where the website is going to be hosted on, and I am getting some MySQL errors like the following:

Error connecting to MySQL:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I get the above error that displays in the actual install page, on the very top. If I change the MySQL Hostname from "localhost" to "sql5c40n.carrierzone.com" the page refreshes and it goes to a completely blank white page with black text that says:

mysqli: error setting character set utf8mb4: Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)

I tried disabling the php.ini, .htaccess, and users.ini files, still no luck.

Is this something I need to contact my hosting company's customer support about? Or is there something I can change to fix this. 

Thanks!

By shawnpatoka - July 27, 2018

Thanks for the response!

I reached out to the support for the hosting company. They responded with the following:

Unfortunately, due to our system's features we do not support utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci and utf8mb4_general_ci, because there is no way such changes be implemented for particular users on a shared platform as it will affect every user. This may be implemented for all users in the future. You may find this link useful: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42385099/1273-unknown-collation-utf8mb4-unicode-520-ci/44877331

I took a look at that link, but I have no idea what it means or if it's helpful at all.

Will I end up having to switch to a different hosting company to use CMS Builder?

Thanks

By daniel - July 30, 2018

Hi shawnpatoka,

From the information you've provided, it appears that your current hosting does not fully support the latest version of CMSB.

Other than switching to a new host with the proper support, one potential solution would be to use a slightly older version of CMSB. If you would like to try that route, please send me an email at daniel@interactivetools.com, and I can send you the latest CMSB version that doesn't require the unsupported character set.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By shawnpatoka - July 30, 2018

I think I am actually going to switch hosting companies to one that will support the current version of CMSB.