Missing PHP extensions?

13 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 13, 2018   (RSS)

By andreasml - June 29, 2018

Hi

My CMSB database was working fine until some days ago when it started presenting the following message:

This program requires the PHP 'mysql' extension.
Please ask your hosting provider (or server administrator) to install missing PHP extension(s).

I got in touch with the hosting company of my site and they told me that everything is fine.

Any ideas on how to solve the problem would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andreas Lazaris

Expert level: Novice

By andreasml - June 29, 2018

Hello Leo

Thanks for the reply

The CMSB version is 3.04 and the PHP version I am running is 7.2.7.

Andreas

By leo - June 29, 2018

Hi Andreas,

I think updating CMSB version to the newest (3.12+) will solve the problem! Let me know if you find any issues updating or just general questions.

Thanks,

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - June 30, 2018

Hi again

Since I cannot get into the database how will i upgrade it?

Thanks 

Andreas

By andreasml - July 1, 2018

Update

I dowloaded the last CMSB version 3.13, upgraded according to the instructions. Now, when I run the database I am getting the following message:

mysqli: error setting character set utf8mb4: Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)

What should I do now?

Kind regards

Andreas Lazaris

By gregThomas - July 2, 2018

Hey Andreas,

The latest version of CMS Builder uses the character set UTF8 MB4. This supports a lot more characters, including Emojis. 

It looks like your hosting service doesn't support that character set in PHP. Would it be possible to send an email to support@interactivetools.com with the FTP/ CMS login credentials for the site affected so that I can write a test script to see the exact cause of the issue?

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By andreasml - July 2, 2018

Hi Greg

I emailed the details for FTP etc. 

By the way, I made a clean installation of the CMSB and it seems to work fine. The problem seems to exist when upgrading existing databases.

Regards

Andreas

By gregThomas - July 3, 2018

Hey Andreas,

I've checked the support email, but couldn't see the email you sent. Please, could you try resending it for me and cc greg@interactivetools.com?

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By andreasml - July 11, 2018

Hi again

Still having problem when making a clean CMSB installation

The following message appears after I complete the 1-minute quick installation

mysqli: error setting character set utf8mb4: Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)

I got in touch with my server company and I cannot find a way out.

Anybody to help?

Regards

Andreas Lazaris