Missing PHP extensions?

13 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 13, 2018   (RSS)

By leo - June 29, 2018

Hi Andreas,

Did your or the hosting company updated PHP version? What is the CMSB version and PHP version that you are running right now?

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - June 29, 2018

Hello Leo

Thanks for the reply

The CMSB version is 3.04 and the PHP version I am running is 7.2.7.

Andreas

By leo - June 29, 2018

Hi Andreas,

I think updating CMSB version to the newest (3.12+) will solve the problem! Let me know if you find any issues updating or just general questions.

Thanks,

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - June 30, 2018

Hi again

Since I cannot get into the database how will i upgrade it?

Thanks 

Andreas

By andreasml - July 1, 2018

Update

I dowloaded the last CMSB version 3.13, upgraded according to the instructions. Now, when I run the database I am getting the following message:

mysqli: error setting character set utf8mb4: Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)

What should I do now?

Kind regards

Andreas Lazaris

By gregThomas - July 2, 2018

Hey Andreas,

The latest version of CMS Builder uses the character set UTF8 MB4. This supports a lot more characters, including Emojis. 

It looks like your hosting service doesn't support that character set in PHP. Would it be possible to send an email to support@interactivetools.com with the FTP/ CMS login credentials for the site affected so that I can write a test script to see the exact cause of the issue?

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By andreasml - July 2, 2018

Hi Greg

I emailed the details for FTP etc. 

By the way, I made a clean installation of the CMSB and it seems to work fine. The problem seems to exist when upgrading existing databases.

Regards

Andreas

By gregThomas - July 3, 2018

Hey Andreas,

I've checked the support email, but couldn't see the email you sent. Please, could you try resending it for me and cc greg@interactivetools.com?

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By andreasml - July 11, 2018

Hi again

Still having problem when making a clean CMSB installation

The following message appears after I complete the 1-minute quick installation

mysqli: error setting character set utf8mb4: Can't initialize character set utf8mb4 (path: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/)

I got in touch with my server company and I cannot find a way out.

Anybody to help?

Regards

Andreas Lazaris