Moved website to another host - experiencing issues now
I recently had to move a website from one hosting provider to another. Since setting everything up again, I'm experiencing some issues like:
- Logging in issues
- Reading / writing to database issues
Can I perhaps send details to someone who can possibly check that everything is correctly setup?
We are glad to help you. However, we need some details to identify the issues:
1. What are the login issues and database issues specifically?
2. What steps did you take to create the issues?
3. What are the error messages showing for the issues?
If you have concerns about posting some of the information on the forum, you can always send them to email@example.com.
So I've basically moved all website files and database over to a new hosting provider.
1. When I try login using the correct login details, it reloads the page as if to log me in but doesn't. If I then click the "website name" on the left of the login fields it re-directs me into the system. Sometimes I don't even have to login, I just click the name and it allows me access. Logout doesn't seem to work at all.
2. I've tried clearing the database completely and doing a fresh install - same issues occur.
3. When I add/edit content it seems to write to the database correctly and tells me it saves correctly in CMS Builder, but doesn't seem to actually save the changes or show those changes on the website.
4. Haven't seen any error messages at all.
One of my client's has this issue as well. They can't login as the login details are rejected. They are on Windows 10.
They have repeatedly tried (and are confident users of PCs) and indicated
"If you then try the same logon again, it is rejected. However if you open a new tab, and go back to CMS logon your credentials are accepted again. However on selecting menu it goes back to logon. This suggests that something in the Windows 10 security doesn’t like the CMS menu page and blocks access. However if you create a new tab, it forgets the problem until you access the menu again."
I have reinstated their login details, cancelled it and given them a new one, etc. I am even given them my login (which I know works), and it's the same issue. Did you resolve this for the other person, or could you shed some light as what they need to do.
Don't know if it's related - but I've had issues where people have used https://.../cmsb and http://..../cmsb. I haven't really delved into it, but I think it's when I've got the permalinks .htaccess forcing https and I've switched from staging to live servers...
If anyone is still having issues can you post back on this thread? Some of this sounds like potential server caching issues. In any case, let us know of any persisting issues. Thanks!
My client had this issue occur right after a server move that included adding a secure certificate, and on her side a Win10 upgrade, too...but we figured out it was a simple combination and easy to fix the problem. What was happening was her browser kept trying to redirect her to http: even though she was typing https: She wasn't personally accepting that her new windows system on her "high end laptop" was part of the problem...so I had her open up a browser she never uses. She was able to successfully login via https: and everything worked great. So she then understood visually and personally. We opened her original favorite browser and wiped out any related bookmarks to her site, and the usual cache-temp file clearing, then a reboot...problem solved. To break the slight tension I simply commented "See, the new security works great!". Hope that helps.