Feature request: option for user 'Instructions'
I know I can use a separator bar w/HTML to enter instructions or comments for a section editor, but it impedes my workflow to have to do so, because I end up spending more time than desired in setting special CSS rules for each install to make those special HTML separator blocks stand out in the user's editor as more than simply typed text. (Background color, heading color, bold font, border, etc.)
Most of my clients could benefit from a friendly tip or two for each section. I even forget the nuances of sections myself, as time goes by!
What I envision would be a new field type available when creating section editors (not a separator bar) that allows for the creation of an Instructions fields we can drag/drop above the sections that correlate. Those sections would allow for a title and content. The styling/formatting of the section could have a default styling to draw emphasis to that section, but could also be customized in the usual CSS files.
Please "thumbs-up" this idea if you agree... or maybe someone has a better idea?
I like the idea.
Could we use a separator, but choose "WYSIWYG" option rather than "HTML" and then just use the styles that are default or custom in the editor?
Funny - I was just thinking of this today. I used the HTML code and inserted bootstrap dismissible and non dismissible alerts almost as reminders for the user to go through when creating a record. This is for a hostel booking system, and as they check guests in and out, they need to do a number of things.
The client loves it, sees it as a real benefit to them, and it took very little effort to achieve. I would use it more often if it was a WYSIWYG and I had my custom styles available to use.
Standard formatting of bold etc is a must. At times, images would be handy to include, as well as links,
Dave, I'm happy to hear you're thinking on this!
I like Tim's idea of integrating a variety of alerts similar to the Bootstrap alert scheme. I'm not clear on what my ideal scenario would be, because I don't know what's reasonable nor do I want to limit possibilities. So here's a few random thoughts:
- A built-in, pre-configured & pre-styled 'Instructions & Alerts' schema with at least five items/levels, with each being editable by the admin (only)
- Ability to add additional alerts using existing styles and/or the ability to create custom alert styles
- Option to enter FontAwesome icon symbol code to float to left of alert title (FontAwesome 5 is coming!)
- Schema should minimally contain title and textbox, styled accordingly. Not sure about using TinyMCE as that display within CMSB editors could get complicated, especially when considering use of images with hard-coded width + length embedded in the WYSIWYG.
- Option for link to image (screenshot or other image) either via a separate upload or other means of a responsive display
- Expanding div for display of complete alert text and image(s)
Hope that wasn't too random for interpretation! Looking forward to any development towards this. Thanks for asking, Dave!