CSV export

By andreasml - September 6, 2017

Hello

I just installed the CSV export plugin and it works fine except that it does not recognize other characters than English characters. I am writing in Greek language and the result in the excel file is a row of question marks (????????).

Is there anything I can do to fix it, or I have to write only in English?

Kind regards

Andreas Lazaris

By Dave - September 6, 2017

Hi Andreas, 

There's a couple options.  The export CSV file should be in the UTF8 character set which supports Greek characters.  

So you could try these instructions (or google for something similar)  to import the file as UTF-8: 
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/open-utf8-excel-63726.html

Or if that doesn't work try setting this value to TRUE at the top of the plugin: 
$GLOBALS['CSVEXPORT_FOR_EXCEL']    = false;

Let me know if that works for you!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By andreasml - September 10, 2017

Hello Dave

Unfortunately, i did not make it work. As it regards your first option, following the advise did not change anything. On the other hand, the value for the plugin is already as you said: $GLOBALS['CSVEXPORT_FOR_EXCEL']    = true; 

I assume that I am doing something wrong. Can you help a bit more?

Regards

Andreas

By Dave - September 11, 2017

Hi Andreas, 

Sure thing, can you post some short content that isn't exporting correctly?  Or link me to some greek content I can copy and paste?  I'll attempt to recreate the issue in my local install.

Also, can you confirm which CMS version and CSV export plugin version you're using?

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By andreasml - September 12, 2017 - edited: September 12, 2017

Hello again Dave

You can find my database on the address: http://589051730.linuxzone64.grserver.gr/clinic/admin.php

I am sending a pair of username/password to have a look yourself [removed]. This username will be active (for obvious reasons) for 2 days only. Check the section Archive and experiment with all records. You will see that all english texts are exported normally while the greek texts are exported as series of questionmarks

The CMS version is v3.05 (Build 2093) and the CSV export plugin version is 1.04

Kind regards

Andreas

By andreasml - September 22, 2017

Hello Dave

I wonder whether you have received my details. I have emailed them twice at your private email address, but i have not taken an answer yet. 

Regards

Andreas Lazaris

By gregThomas - September 26, 2017

Hey Andrea,

We're receiving your emails, but it seems you're not receiving our replies. Please, could you check your spam folder for our messages and if they're not in there, do you have an alternative email address we can contact you on?

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com