multiple criteria search

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 17, 2016   (RSS)

By willydoit - November 17, 2016

Hi all,

sorry if this is really basic stuff but I want to be certain of the answer before I put the time in creating it.

I have a table which includes a "multi selection list" of facilities that accommodation providers can use to indicate services provided by them, ie credit cards accepted, manager on site, stair lift, pets accepted etc.

I want to be able to perform two functions

a) allow visitors to the site to select any number of these requirements in a search form to have the search return only the accommodations which match all the requirements and

b) on the viewer page for each business display in a list form all the facilities selected by the advertiser as being provided by them.

I achieved this previously by having individual fields for all services with a simple yes or no selection for each one but rather than having individual fields I now want to have just one multi selection field to make things neater.

I was advised that this would be complex with the software as it was 6 years ago but am assuming that as things have progressed this would now be possible.

It would be appreciated if someone could advice whether this is easily achievable using a single multi option field

Thanks in advance

By mizrahi - November 17, 2016

This is absolutely possible, and not that difficult to achieve. Though the process requires quite a few steps, so i will let an official representative walk you through what's involved. But be assured, this is definitely possible.

By willydoit - November 17, 2016

Thanks Mizrahi,

At least I now know it's possible so can create my table accordingly.