CMSBuilder v.3+ WYSIWYG Editor Version

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 26, 2016   (RSS)

Hi there,

Can someone confirm if TinyMCE was updated to v.4+ with the release of CMSBuilder v.3?

Thank you,

Jayme

By Damon - February 22, 2016

Hi Jayme,

Can someone confirm if TinyMCE was updated to v.4+ with the release of CMSBuilder v.3

TinyMCE wasn't updated to 4+ in the latest version of CMS Builder yet, but it is in the works. We are also reviewing other editors too but will most continue with TinyMCE.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Thanks Damon.

By kitsguru - May 24, 2016

Is there a timeline on updating to tinymce 4+, this is sorely needed.

Jeff Shields

By Dave - May 26, 2016

Hi Jeff, 

We could fast track it.  What features are you wanting/needing from TinyMCE 4? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Apologies for jumping in, but since you asked...

Wanted:

- DropBox image access support

- Image caption tool

- Local image library (long discussed on these forums)

- Improved MS Word linting on paste functions

- Support for local (per-site) feature inclusion & exclusion - similar to what is currently supported by TinyMCE 3x in CMSBuilder

(Really) Not Wanted:

- Table insert / editing /etc. Hiding all table functions would be my default position

Cheers,

J.

By Dave - May 26, 2016

Jayme, 

Those are wishlist features, right?  Not default TinyMCE 4 features?  We're just trying to get clear, because if we only just update to TinyMCE 4 (as requested) it's not going to include those by default.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Actually, most are already-on-board features which I'd love to see either surfaced or suppressed by default in the CMSBuilder implementation.

The image library item is just something that's been on the forum wish-list for years and I saw the opportunity to mention.

Mostly, I would hope to include responsive support, avoiding Flash and as minimal an interface as possible by default.

Just my $0.02, Dave.

J.