CMSBuilder v.3+ WYSIWYG Editor Version

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 26, 2016   (RSS)

By In-House-Logic - February 22, 2016

Hi there,

Can someone confirm if TinyMCE was updated to v.4+ with the release of CMSBuilder v.3?

Thank you,

Jayme

By Damon - February 22, 2016

Hi Jayme,

Can someone confirm if TinyMCE was updated to v.4+ with the release of CMSBuilder v.3

TinyMCE wasn't updated to 4+ in the latest version of CMS Builder yet, but it is in the works. We are also reviewing other editors too but will most continue with TinyMCE.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By In-House-Logic - February 22, 2016

Thanks Damon.

By kitsguru - May 24, 2016

Is there a timeline on updating to tinymce 4+, this is sorely needed.

Jeff Shields

By Dave - May 26, 2016

Hi Jeff, 

We could fast track it.  What features are you wanting/needing from TinyMCE 4? 

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - May 26, 2016

Jayme, 

Those are wishlist features, right?  Not default TinyMCE 4 features?  We're just trying to get clear, because if we only just update to TinyMCE 4 (as requested) it's not going to include those by default.

interactivetools.com

By In-House-Logic - May 26, 2016

Actually, most are already-on-board features which I'd love to see either surfaced or suppressed by default in the CMSBuilder implementation.

The image library item is just something that's been on the forum wish-list for years and I saw the opportunity to mention.

Mostly, I would hope to include responsive support, avoiding Flash and as minimal an interface as possible by default.

Just my $0.02, Dave.

J.

By Dave - May 26, 2016

Jayme, 

Thanks for the your feedback.  Sounds like the first step in any case will be to upgrade to TinyMCE 4.  What I'll do is push that up the list so we can hopefully get that out in the next couple releases.

Cheers!

interactivetools.com