Using CMS data on another website

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 16, 2016   (RSS)

By gregThomas - February 15, 2016

Hi superhappybunnycat, 

I guess that when the user redirects to the forum page, they have to login to a separate account to access the forum admin system? Are you able to edit the code for the forum? The only way I can think to do this would be to edit the forum code so that it displays the links when the users log into the forum admin system. For example if someone logs into the CMS with the account test@example.com and they see four links, then you could set up the forum so that when same test@example.com user logs into the forum they see those same 4 links. 

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By superhappybunnycat - February 15, 2016

Hi Greg,
It has single sign on enabled, so if the user doesn't exist it creates them, and if they do it just logs them into their existing account

I kind of set it up that way, showing the 4 links with regular code. There were supposed to be some drop downs though with other content that comes from the CMS which I'm not able to show currently

By gregThomas - February 16, 2016

Hi, 

I'd suggest contacting the forums.net support and seeing if they have a system that would allow you to make particular menu content appear for particular users, and if there is a way you can add the missing menu items as well. 

Is this site live yet? We have a forum plugin for CMS Builder which we use internally, and are hoping to release soon. An alternative would be to use that instead of the forums.net plugin. If you contact consulting@interactivetools.com, we give you more details on implementing it. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com