Migrate to new server and get SQL error

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 26, 2015   (RSS)

By benedict - November 2, 2014

Hi guys,

We migrated a lot of cmsBuilder accounts to a new server without issue, but one account is throwing issues on the website, saying:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jmcpher/public_html/about-mcpherson-wines.php:32) in /home/jmcpher/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php on line 634 There was an error creating the list field ''. MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'range, year DESC LIMIT 0, 999' at line 1

Any ideas what this might be in that file  (/home/jmcpher/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php) on line 634 that I can fix?

Cheers!

P.S. I had to change the DNS back to the old server in the mean time, so I can not show you a live example.

By gregThomas - November 5, 2014

Hey Benedict,

It sounds like CMS Builder is trying to create an empty list field for some reason.

Could you give me a bit more detail about when this error appears? Is it when you edit a particular record in the accounts section? Or is this when you're trying to set up the CMS Builder on the new server? 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By benedict - January 24, 2015

Sorry I haven't come back to you sooner - the client held off the server migration again until now. So I have tracked down the problem to one issue:

This is a Wine List page that shows the wines from a particular range.

The code that worked fine on the old server, but not this one is:

// load records
  list($winesRecords, $winesMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'wines',
    'where' => "range = '". intval($rangeRecord['num']) ."'" ,
  ));

When I remove this code, the page loads at least, without the wine list. When I include the code, I get this (when trying to load the wine range MWC which is range #11):

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
 corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use 
near 'range = '11')' at line 3

FInal piece of info - the WInes table pulls the Ranges from the Ranges table using the GET OPTIONS FROM DATABASE option, values=num, labels=title.

Detail pages all present fine as well.

By Dave - January 26, 2015

Just for clarity, those characters are called `backticks`  and you want to make sure you get this one ( ` ) which is a backtick character, not this one ( ' ) which is an apostrophe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_accent#Use_in_programming

:

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By benedict - January 26, 2015

Thanks Greg,

That did the trick - as always I am indebted.

Cheers,

Benedict