Migrate to new server and get SQL error

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 26, 2015   (RSS)

By benedict - November 2, 2014

Hi guys,

We migrated a lot of cmsBuilder accounts to a new server without issue, but one account is throwing issues on the website, saying:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jmcpher/public_html/about-mcpherson-wines.php:32) in /home/jmcpher/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php on line 634 There was an error creating the list field ''. MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'range, year DESC LIMIT 0, 999' at line 1

Any ideas what this might be in that file  (/home/jmcpher/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/database_functions.php) on line 634 that I can fix?

Cheers!

P.S. I had to change the DNS back to the old server in the mean time, so I can not show you a live example.

By gregThomas - November 5, 2014

Hey Benedict,

It sounds like CMS Builder is trying to create an empty list field for some reason.

Could you give me a bit more detail about when this error appears? Is it when you edit a particular record in the accounts section? Or is this when you're trying to set up the CMS Builder on the new server? 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - January 26, 2015

Hi Bendict, 

I'm wondering if the new myslq server you're using doesn't allow the word range to be used without it being declared as a table name. Try changing your code to this:

// load records  list($winesRecords, $winesMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'wines',
    'where' => "`range` = '". intval($rangeRecord['num']) ."'" ,
  ));

So I've added apostrophes around the range table name (note: you have to use the apostrophe below the esc key on the keyboard, as this is what MySQL uses for table names.)

If that doesn't work, could you add the debug SQL command to the getRecords statement:

// load records  list($winesRecords, $winesMetaData) = getRecords(array(
    'tableName'   => 'wines',
    'debugSql     => true,
    'where' => "`range` = '". intval($rangeRecord['num']) ."'" ,
  ));

Then copy the output that is created into a post so I can see exactly what MySQL statement is being created.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Dave - January 26, 2015

Just for clarity, those characters are called `backticks`  and you want to make sure you get this one ( ` ) which is a backtick character, not this one ( ' ) which is an apostrophe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grave_accent#Use_in_programming

:

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By benedict - January 26, 2015

Thanks Greg,

That did the trick - as always I am indebted.

Cheers,

Benedict