Mobile Friendly Site Required

14 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 14, 2015   (RSS)

By 24 - December 16, 2014

Hello all.

I am looking for someone to give me options for a mobile compatible site before Google throw all their toys out of the proverbial Internet pram. My current developer is currently tied up with projects, and considering he has only recently built my site on the CMSB platform, would have been the obvious choice to take a look at what could be done.

However, if there is anybody out there wanting to give me some idea of what would be best to satisfy the Google monsters please PM me. It doesn't have to be a full blown elaborate site just the basic big buttons with a redirect to the main site. Personally I've no idea why pinch and zoom on a mobile phone has suddenly become the devil. I actually hit the link to the main site as soon as I see it on any sites I visit anyway, and often you need to if you want to do more than just look at a limited amount of pages with a limited amount of features. Still, it does mean you get a nice 'Mobile Friendly' tag next to your site in mobile search and possibly soon to be an advantage in mobile SERPs too.

Thanks,

Richard

By rconring - December 22, 2014

I have had success using the Bootstrap framework with CMSB to create Mobile First site.  Only took a few hours to get a simple prototype working.

Check this .... http://getbootstrap.com/css/

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By 24 - December 22, 2014

Thanks for your response, Ron.

i'll contact you via email. 

By jsrds - December 25, 2014

Hello!

You can use HTML5+Jquery to make your site responsive that will give you a really mobile friendly site.

Thanks

Joe de Saram

Joseph S R de Saram
CISSP FBCS CITP MSCS MACS Snr CP SAP FI SAP BW
Information Security Architect

By 24 - December 26, 2014

Hi, Joe.

Thanks for your reply but just knowing what can be used isn't enough. I need someone to actually do it.

By 24 - December 26, 2014

Hi, Djulia.

I see the forum doesn't allow for PMs and I'm not putting up a link. Where can I contact you? There are no business details in your signature.

By 24 - December 31, 2014

Anybody else interested in quoting me for putting together a mobile solution? I've had 2 people come forward, 1 of which has practically wasted a few days working on it then running out of talent and quitting. A draught, almost correct, within the hour was presented so for somebody knowledgeable it can't be that difficult.

i'm all ears!

By gregThomas - January 2, 2015

Hi 24,

We do custom programming at Interactive tools, so this could potentially be something we could help with. If you send an e-mail to consulting@interactivetools.com with a brief outline of your requirements and we give you an estimate price to make your site mobile friendly.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By 24 - January 2, 2015

Hi, Greg.

Ross is aware of what I require. Maybe you can have a chat with him? I have screenshots from the last developer's effort that was 99% complete until they disparu!!

Thanks,

Richard