Geolocation error

By Toledoh - April 7, 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm finding that on one site, many address are "Shop 6, 10 Something Rd, Somewhere" which doesn't work.  However "10 Something Rd, Somewhere" does.  Is there any way of working around this?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Chris - April 11, 2014

Hi Tim,

When are you geocoding these addresses? Is this on the front-end of your site or during an autoset lat/lng from saving a record in CMSB? I can think of a possible solution which would involve attempting a second geocoding (with everything up to the first comma stripped off,) but it may involve updating the plugin depending on where you need to make this change.

Also, can you provide more examples? Is it always "extra stuff to be removed, valid street address, city"?

All the best,
Chris

By Toledoh - April 11, 2014

Hey Chris,

This is from geocoding a table directly from the plugin menu, with street,town,postcode,state - but it seems that it's always the street field that causes the error.  They are not necessarily street - but locations such as shopping centres (nuggets crossing and razorback plaza etc).

It's not a major problem - I can tell the client to enter proper street addeses, however I thought it strange that google maps locates these addresses fine - but the plugin doesn't.

Other examples include;

Cnr Kosciusko and Hilltop Roads Jindabyne NSW 2627

Shop 34 Nuggets Crossing

Shop 1 Nuggets Crossing

Shop 5 Razorback Plaza Jindabyne NSW 2627

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)