Geolocation error

By Toledoh - April 7, 2014

Hi Guys,

I'm finding that on one site, many address are "Shop 6, 10 Something Rd, Somewhere" which doesn't work.  However "10 Something Rd, Somewhere" does.  Is there any way of working around this?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - April 11, 2014

Hey Chris,

This is from geocoding a table directly from the plugin menu, with street,town,postcode,state - but it seems that it's always the street field that causes the error.  They are not necessarily street - but locations such as shopping centres (nuggets crossing and razorback plaza etc).

It's not a major problem - I can tell the client to enter proper street addeses, however I thought it strange that google maps locates these addresses fine - but the plugin doesn't.

Other examples include;

Cnr Kosciusko and Hilltop Roads Jindabyne NSW 2627

Shop 34 Nuggets Crossing

Shop 1 Nuggets Crossing

Shop 5 Razorback Plaza Jindabyne NSW 2627

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Chris - April 14, 2014

Hi Tim,

I tested those addresses and was able to get lat/lng coords from /cmsAdmin/admin.php?_pluginName=geocoder&_pluginAction=examples&filename=sample_form.php for each, but the coords I got for the first one are different than the coords I get if I put the address into Google Maps. It's possible that Google is updating their geocoding service and is running two versions of it. I'm pretty stumped.

If you haven't already done it, one thing you might try is setting $GLOBALS['GEOCODER_REGION'] = 'au' at the top of geocoder.php.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else, but I can't think of a solution for you. My previous idea of trying again without everything up to the first comma wouldn't be helpful for the 4 addresses you just posted.

All the best,
Chris