Geocoder responsive

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 5, 2014   (RSS)

By degreesnorth - February 23, 2014

Hi

Just wondering whether the Geocoder is responsive (resizes to mobile and tablet format)?

I couldn't see anything in the web tutorial re being responsive without any extensive coding.

Thanks

Carole

By gregThomas - February 24, 2014

Hi Carole,

The example code that is provided for the geocoder plugin doesn't have responsive design, the HTML/CSS is kept as simple as possible to make the functionality of the plugin clear. 

However I was able to make some quick changes to the provided template pages to make the map have basic responsive behaviour. I removed the default styling from the map_canvas DIV (this is where the map is loaded):

<div id="map_canvas"></div>

Then I added the following CSS into a style tag:

#map_canvas{
    width: 100% !important;
    height: 400px !important;
  }

This will make the map have a height of 400px, but its width will depend on the width of the page its on. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Greg 

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By degreesnorth - February 24, 2014

Hi Greg

Thanks for that.  Just purchased the Geocoder, which is great,but I am only getting the top corner of the map location at www.focus10.com.au/courses2.php?1 rather than the full map.   I have attached a screen grab of the problem.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments:

map.jpg 219K

By degreesnorth - May 1, 2014

Hi

For some reason, the code has stopped working now.  I have triple checked my code and I cannot get the map to appear.  Here is the page:

http://www.focus10.com.au/courses.php?2 - check the tab half way down where it says "time & location" -

Is this script perhaps conflicting with other script.  Help please!

Thanks

By Damon - May 5, 2014

Hi Carole,

Can you attach the courses.php file so we can take a look or if your prefer, send it in to support@interactivetools.com.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/