Problem on upgrade to CMSB 2.6

10 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 25, 2014   (RSS)

By Tom - February 16, 2014

Hello,

I just made an upgrade from 2.09 to 2.6

However all the menu under the admin seems no response at all.

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=admin&action=general

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=database

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=_codeGenerator

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=admin&action=plugins

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=_email_templates

Please advice asap.

Thanks a lot

By Dave - February 16, 2014

Hi Tom, 

Try clearing your browsers cache, and then if the problem continues let me know what's happening.  Is the page loading for a long time?  Or does nothing happen when you click the link?  Or something else? 

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Tom - February 16, 2014 - edited: February 16, 2014

Hello Dave,

All the browser( IE Chrome and firefox ) said this page can't be display, Make sure your web address is correct.

However, the other links in the left menu above the admin button just work as normal.

cmsAdmins/admin.php?menu=accounts

cmsAdmins/admin.php?menu=homepages

cmsAdmins/admin.php?menu=listings

Finally, I tried to made a fresh install on the CMSB 2.60 to a new domain to test it.

All the links below the admin menu not work as well.

Actually, if you upload the whole folder of CMSB2.60 and install it,

you will exactly know what I mean. 

Please advice.

Thanks

By Dave - February 17, 2014

Hi Tom, 

We're running it locally and I can't reproduce the issue (if anyone else reading this thread has the same issue please post).

Tom, can you send FTP & CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com and the url to the CMS and I'll take a look?  Note: Don't post login details to the forum, email only.  

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Tom - February 19, 2014

Hello Dave,

Sent you an email couple days ago,

Do you have any news about it?

Thanks

By Dave - February 19, 2014

Hi Tom, 

I can't find anything referencing Tom or "menu=accounts" in my inbox or spam.  Is there any keywords I can search for? Can you send again to dave@interactivetools.com? 

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Dave - February 20, 2014

Hi Tom, I just emailed you back.  Once I get FTP I'll debug and let you know what I find.  Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Dave - February 24, 2014 - edited: February 24, 2014

Hi Tom, 

Thanks, I've found the source of the problem.  It looks like older version of PHP crash when the function debug_backtrace() is called in certain ways.  Basically, I've applied a workaround to your install as a temporary fix.

For anyone else having this issue, your PHP may have this bug if you the admin menus return a blank white screen, or the browser returns a "No Data" message on the admin menus.

I've attached a test script that confirms the problem and an updated v2.61 /lib/language_functions.php that you can upload to work around the issue.  

We'll include this in our next release which will be 2.62.  

Let me know any questions.  Thanks!

Reference: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51552 - Fixed in PHP branches v5.2.14 and v5.3.3: http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php

Let me know any questions.

Edit: I re-uploaded the attachments.  Be sure to rename them to remove the _### number on the end, the forum adds that.  Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Tom - February 25, 2014

Great Service and support.

Thanks a lot