Problem on upgrade to CMSB 2.6

10 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 25, 2014   (RSS)

By Tom - February 16, 2014

Hello,

I just made an upgrade from 2.09 to 2.6

However all the menu under the admin seems no response at all.

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=admin&action=general

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=database

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=_codeGenerator

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=admin&action=plugins

cmsAdmin/admin.php?menu=_email_templates

Please advice asap.

Thanks a lot

By Dave - February 16, 2014

Hi Tom, 

Try clearing your browsers cache, and then if the problem continues let me know what's happening.  Is the page loading for a long time?  Or does nothing happen when you click the link?  Or something else? 

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - February 17, 2014

Hi Tom, 

We're running it locally and I can't reproduce the issue (if anyone else reading this thread has the same issue please post).

Tom, can you send FTP & CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com and the url to the CMS and I'll take a look?  Note: Don't post login details to the forum, email only.  

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Tom - February 19, 2014

Hello Dave,

Sent you an email couple days ago,

Do you have any news about it?

Thanks

By Dave - February 19, 2014

Hi Tom, 

I can't find anything referencing Tom or "menu=accounts" in my inbox or spam.  Is there any keywords I can search for? Can you send again to dave@interactivetools.com? 

Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Tom - February 20, 2014

Hi Dave,

I've just sent you an email with subject menu=accounts

Thanks a lot

By Dave - February 20, 2014

Hi Tom, I just emailed you back.  Once I get FTP I'll debug and let you know what I find.  Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Dave - February 24, 2014 - edited: February 24, 2014

Hi Tom, 

Thanks, I've found the source of the problem.  It looks like older version of PHP crash when the function debug_backtrace() is called in certain ways.  Basically, I've applied a workaround to your install as a temporary fix.

For anyone else having this issue, your PHP may have this bug if you the admin menus return a blank white screen, or the browser returns a "No Data" message on the admin menus.

I've attached a test script that confirms the problem and an updated v2.61 /lib/language_functions.php that you can upload to work around the issue.  

We'll include this in our next release which will be 2.62.  

Let me know any questions.  Thanks!

Reference: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51552 - Fixed in PHP branches v5.2.14 and v5.3.3: http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php

Let me know any questions.

Edit: I re-uploaded the attachments.  Be sure to rename them to remove the _### number on the end, the forum adds that.  Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Tom - February 25, 2014

Great Service and support.

Thanks a lot