Reducing server load

14 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 19, 2013   (RSS)

By gkornbluth - December 18, 2013

Hi Dave,

Sorry to bother you again with this, but I’m now trying to filter the results of the mySQL query to only include those uploads where there’s also a checkbox field in the user account records called use_large_banners = 1

The closest that I could come without throwing a mySQL error is below but that doesn’t pull any records at all.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jerry Kornbluth

<?php // load uploads from accounts
   $uploadRecords = mysql_select('uploads', " tableName = 'accounts' AND fieldName = 'large_banners' AND 'use_large-banners' =  '1'");
?>

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Dave - December 18, 2013

Hi Jerry, 

In MySQL single or double quotes means a string or text value to compare to.  If a fieldname needs to be quoted these use `backticks` for that.

So try this instead: 

`use_large-banners`

You were probably getting errors because the column name contains a - which MySQL doesn't know isn't a subtraction operator.  

Let me know if that works for you.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - December 18, 2013

Hi Dave,

Sorry the - was a typo in the post only,

Anyway I must be gaining on it because I get a different error now: (and I know that there is a checkbox field named use_large_banners in the accounts table

MySQL Error: Unknown column 'use_large_banners' in 'where clause' (at old_alias_functions.php line 142 in function mysql_select_query)

With the code:

<?php // load uploads from accounts
     $uploadRecords = mysql_select('uploads', " tableName = 'accounts' AND fieldName = 'large_banners' AND `use_large_banners` =  '1'");
?>

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php