How to enable auto filling in Listing Editor ?

16 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 21, 2013   (RSS)

By gregThomas - August 19, 2013

Hi Tom,

I've done some local testing in the latest version of Chrome on Windows 7, and the autofill is working for me correctly, I tested it out in my accounts section. What operating system are you using? Is the issue that the browsers doesn't have a history of data entered into the form to use? What happens if you enter some data into the search field, carry out a search, then delete it and try start typing the same text again? 

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Tom - August 19, 2013

Hello Greg,

I am using Windows 7 and CMSB ver 2.09

I have no problem to have an auto complete in the search field and all the fields in every pages in the CMSB.

The only pages that I cannot perform auto complete is the Listings Editor and Homepages Editor.

i.e. 

/admin.php?menu=listings&action=add

and

/admin.php?menu=homepages

Thanks and please advice.

By gregThomas - August 20, 2013

Hi Tom, 

I think this must be a browser specific problem. I've installed the reality plugin on my test machine, and was able to add autofill data when creating a new listing, and to the search box on the homepages section. The only other suggestion I can think off is to upgrade to the latest version of CMS Builder, but I can't see why this would make a difference. If you would like you can send a second level support request and I can take a closer look at the problem, you can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks

Greg

Greg Thomas

By gregThomas - August 21, 2013

Hi Tom,

I'd been testing in the Reality Plugin and not the Listings template. I installed the Listings template, and was still able to search on the home pages list section, but was unable to get the form to autocomplete when adding a listing. I checked the form and auto complete is set to on for the form, so I'm unsure why Chrome doesn't add data to it. It could be because it doesn't consider the fields to be personal data (e-mail address, name, etc).

Unfortunately there isn't really anything I can do to fix the problem. You could try searching the Chrome store for an auto complete plugin that will automatically fill a form with any data, or suggest to your client that they use FireFox or IE instead while using the CMS.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By Tom - August 21, 2013

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

Anyway, I've just installed a chrome plugin name ' autocomplete' and it just works fine.

Thanks again.