Wysiwyg not showing

11 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 15, 2013   (RSS)

By MercerDesign - July 9, 2013

Hi, I have loaded up a new CMS and am just starting to put content in etc, but I have no Wysiwyg showing. I have checked and all the files have loaded up.

By gregThomas - July 9, 2013

Hi,

Could you try the steps in this post, and see if this resolves the issue:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2218304#post2218304

Let me know if they don't work.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By MercerDesign - July 10, 2013

Hi Greg, I have tried the steps in the post you suggested but nothing has worked. Could it be something with the hosting? Larraine

By gregThomas - July 10, 2013

Hi Larraine

I wouldn't have thought it would be something to do with your hosting, WYSIWYG editor issues are normally related to the browser. If you open a JavaScript developers console in your browser (Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome) do you see any errors on the edit page with the missing WYSIWYG? Would you mind sending in a second level support request so I can take a closer look at the issue? You can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By northernpenguin - July 11, 2013

I've had this happen a number of times, and it was always related to file permissions on the Linux server.  Specifically, the WYSIWYG files.

ragi

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By MercerDesign - July 12, 2013

What should the permissions be for the Wysiwyg files?

By northernpenguin - July 12, 2013

As a minimum, the files should be set to 0644.  If you still have problems, try 0755.

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

I have tried this but nothing changes.

Hi Greg, I submitted a support request yesterday but have not heard anything back, I really need to get this working, I have re-loaded the files again but still no luck. Thanks Larraine