Wysiwyg not showing

11 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 15, 2013   (RSS)

By MercerDesign - July 9, 2013

Hi, I have loaded up a new CMS and am just starting to put content in etc, but I have no Wysiwyg showing. I have checked and all the files have loaded up.

By gregThomas - July 9, 2013

Hi,

Could you try the steps in this post, and see if this resolves the issue:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2218304#post2218304

Let me know if they don't work.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By MercerDesign - July 10, 2013

Hi Greg, I have tried the steps in the post you suggested but nothing has worked. Could it be something with the hosting? Larraine

By gregThomas - July 10, 2013

Hi Larraine

I wouldn't have thought it would be something to do with your hosting, WYSIWYG editor issues are normally related to the browser. If you open a JavaScript developers console in your browser (Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome) do you see any errors on the edit page with the missing WYSIWYG? Would you mind sending in a second level support request so I can take a closer look at the issue? You can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks

Greg

Greg Thomas

By northernpenguin - July 11, 2013

I've had this happen a number of times, and it was always related to file permissions on the Linux server.  Specifically, the WYSIWYG files.

ragi

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By MercerDesign - July 12, 2013

What should the permissions be for the Wysiwyg files?

By northernpenguin - July 12, 2013

As a minimum, the files should be set to 0644.  If you still have problems, try 0755.

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By MercerDesign - July 12, 2013

Hi Greg, I submitted a support request yesterday but have not heard anything back, I really need to get this working, I have re-loaded the files again but still no luck. Thanks Larraine

By gregThomas - July 12, 2013

Hi MercerDesign,

Sorry I've not got back to you yet. I was looking into the problem yesterday, but it's not something I've come across before. I've tracked down what the problem is, but haven't yet been able to solve it yet.

For some reason when the WYSIWYG loads, it is looking in the base directory of your hosting for the associated CSS files, and not your websites directory. I've tried to recreate the problem on our test server, but was unsuccessful. I'll continue to look into the problem this morning.

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas