Making system fields display "yes" or "no" instead of "1" and "0"

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 13, 2012   (RSS)

By Codee - November 12, 2012

On the backend of CMSB (this version is 2.17 but I see the challenge to at least 2.09) when system fields (checkbox type) are listed to show in the database listings, some display as yes/no and some display as 1/0. Is there a way to default all to display as yes/no? Or is there a way to change some of the ones I want to display as yes/no?

Re: [equinox69] Making system fields display "yes" or "no" instead of "1" and "0"

By gregThomas - November 13, 2012

Hi,

On CMSB version 2.17 when you create a new checkbox field type it should set the checked and unchecked values to be yes and no automatically. You can set what you want the checked and unchecked values to be by going to the section editors, then clicking the modify link on the section you want to edit. Then click the modify link on the checkbox field you want change the labels for. You should see two fields for checked value and unchecked value. If these fields are empty then the section list will display 0 or 1 instead of these values. So ensure that there are values in these fields.

Thanks
Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Re: [greg] Making system fields display "yes" or "no" instead of "1" and "0"

By Codee - November 13, 2012

Hi Greg,
That option does not appear for "system" fields preset by Interactive Tools - it only appears, as you say, for new fields that are created. Unless it's going to cause sets of errors, it would be helpful if the system fields would/could also display as yes/no instead of only 1/0. Thanks.

Re: [greg] Making system fields display "yes" or "no" instead of "1" and "0"

By Codee - November 13, 2012

That's what I was saying, and thank you for considering it for future releases. Enjoy your day!