Search in CMSB backend for specific listing

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 6, 2012   (RSS)

By mbodamer - March 5, 2012

Hi,
Long time LM user, short time CMSB user and I am getting frustrated. Things just dont seem to work like I think they should and its taking me time to figure stuff out.

So on the backend, go to listings and then in the search box type in a listing number. In LM it returned the result that matched the listing number. In CMSB it returns ANYTHING that has those numbers or partial numbers in it. So if I want listing number 50, anything that has 50 in it, the price, the address, listing number, anything returns as a possitive hit. How can I limit the search to listing number for an exact match. This is extremely time consuming when needing to update one listing and have to weed through dozens of results to find it when typing in the exact listing number.

Thank you

Re: [Dave] Search in CMSB backend for specific listing

By mbodamer - March 6, 2012

Dave thank you very much. It took a few minutes to wrap my head around it but I was able to implement your second suggestion which was to add the advanced search.

It is working like a charm and saves us tons of time now.

I am just so set in my way of how LM worked it is going to take some getting used to before I can fully comprehend the features and workings of CMSB.

Thanks!

Re: [mbodamer] Search in CMSB backend for specific listing

By Dave - March 6, 2012

Glad I could help, let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com