Urgent Upload problem

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 2, 2012   (RSS)

By sykomac - June 9, 2010

I've been having problems uploading files in the last couple of weeks.

I received some answers from a previous post but nothing worked.

Here is what happens:

I am trying to upload a 50meg MP3. The file field is set to accept MP3 and the upload limit is unchecked so that shouldn't be a problem.

This is what happens when using the Flash Uploader: the progress bar shows that the file has been uploaded (reaches 100%) but as soon as it reaches 100% I get a dialog box that pops up saying I need to login again and the file does not show up. This happens with anything over 15meg.

I changed my php.ini file to accept 100meg uploads and changed the max_input_time to 3000 and the max_execution_time to 3000. I've uploaded the php.ini file and still get the error.

When I go to the admin->general section of the site and click on "show upload limits", it still shows that the max upload is 10M (even hours after changing the php.ini).

Here's what happens when I turn off the Flash Upload: I get no progress bar so I'm not sure how far the upload gets but I don't get the login error. However, I get something else even stranger. After it uploads the file (which it still doesn't do), instead of the upload dialog box going away, it stays up and the website gets displayed in that box (will send screen shot if wanted).

Any idea what is up?

Sorry for such a long post, but thanks for any help.

Paul

Re: [sykomac] Urgent Upload problem

By Jason - June 9, 2010

Hi Paul,

Some severs don't allow you to change the file upload settings yourself. This may explain why you're still seeing a limit of 10M even though you uploaded your own php.ini file. First, I would check with you host to see if they can increase these limits for you. If you're still running into a problem after that, let me know and we'll look further into this.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Urgent Upload problem

By HDLLC - February 2, 2012

I am running into a similar problem. The file is actually fully uploaded to the server, I can see it, but it's not updating in my list of file uploads in the CMS.

It goes to 100%, and then pops up the window for adding captions and such - but it gives me the entire list of files already uploaded - and the file I just waited on (uploading) - is not in the list.

Any ideas? Under the gun - and this system has been performing well for months... Scratching my head...

Thanks in advance!

--Jeff

Re: [HDLLC] Urgent Upload problem

By (Deleted User) - February 2, 2012

Hi Jeff,

We'll need a bit more information before we can address the problem:

How big was the file?
What format is the file (jpg, mov, mp3...)?
Does this happen with similarly sized/formatted files?
Does this happen if you rename the file (so instead of 'File1.ext', change it to 'NewFile1.ext')?
Does this happen if this is the only file uploaded for that upload field?
What does phpinfo say about file size limits for upload?

If you can provide answers to the above (and let me know how the suggested tests turn out) we can investigate further.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: [HDLLC] Urgent Upload problem

By (Deleted User) - February 2, 2012

Hi Jeff,

It might be best to get a second level request set up - https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php so we can have a look at the code and see what we can find out.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: [Tom P] Urgent Upload problem

By HDLLC - February 2, 2012

Just did - thanks Tom!