Why move to CMSB from Article Manager 1?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 9, 2011   (RSS)

By matrix - December 9, 2011 - edited: December 9, 2011

We have an excellent client for whom we installed AM1 many, many years ago. It's plugging away, but the wysiwyg is no longer cross-browser and I'm sure there are too many reasons to count to upgrade them to CMSB.

Do you have a little list of reasons that will make sense to a non-techie client? Security, problems with AM1, benefits of CMSB?

I figured you have this well and truly listed somewhere and would love to send him answers that will help him feel confident in presenting proposed changes to his board for approval, especially since we will have to enlist the help of a data expert to convert their flat file data to MySql.

Both products are primo in my book, but there's no question in my mind that CMSB offers much more.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [matrix] Why move to CMSB from Article Manager 1?

By Jason - December 9, 2011

Hi,

No problem. While we don't have an official list of reasons anywhere, here are some that I can think of:

- Security - CMS Builder encrypts user passwords for added security
- Flexability - Anything that was done in AM1 can be accomplished with CMS Builder, and more.
- Extensibility - You can extend CMS Builder's basic functionality using plugins
- Up To Date - CMS Builder is constantly being upgraded and improved. Upgrades are available by donation!
- CMS Builder is built on a MySQL database, which is faster and easier to maintain than flat files
-Backups/Portability - it's easy to make backups of your database. This is good to protect against data lose if something happens on the server. It also makes it easy if you ever need to move your site to a different server.

Those are just some reasons I came up with. Does anyone have anything they'd add to this list?

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/