Why move to CMSB from Article Manager 1?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 9, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [matrix] Why move to CMSB from Article Manager 1?

By Jason - December 9, 2011

Hi,

No problem. While we don't have an official list of reasons anywhere, here are some that I can think of:

- Security - CMS Builder encrypts user passwords for added security
- Flexability - Anything that was done in AM1 can be accomplished with CMS Builder, and more.
- Extensibility - You can extend CMS Builder's basic functionality using plugins
- Up To Date - CMS Builder is constantly being upgraded and improved. Upgrades are available by donation!
- CMS Builder is built on a MySQL database, which is faster and easier to maintain than flat files
-Backups/Portability - it's easy to make backups of your database. This is good to protect against data lose if something happens on the server. It also makes it easy if you ever need to move your site to a different server.

Those are just some reasons I came up with. Does anyone have anything they'd add to this list?

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Why move to CMSB from Article Manager 1?

By matrix - December 9, 2011 - edited: December 9, 2011

Thank you, Jason. you said this so much better than I could. I'm confident the client can take it from here...he's brilliant and will probably also say this better than I.
[:)]

Again, thanks. I think I may even have a couple more that apply specifically to the client's site.

I believe they are smart people and will see the wisdom in the upgrade.
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999